Tuesday 9 December 2014

Wild About Beauty HAUL

I wanted to try more Wild About Beauty products after falling in love with their bronzing powder, so figured there was no better time than when they were offering 50% off all items in the Black Friday sales.

Wild About Beauty Haul Review

Their products are known to contain lots of beneficial ingredients (as well as not containing some of the bad stuff that many other cosmetics have in them). On top of all that they are against animal testing hurray. I'm growing more and more fond of this brand.


So here's what I bought...


1. Ultra Sheer Powder Blush (Lucy)



I've always been a Benefit Blush girl so thought I'd try something new. I actually ordered two shades; Lucy and Bella but unfortunately Bella had an accident in transit and arrived smashed to pieces! I emailed customer services who asked that I return the broken blush to a free post address in order for them to send me a replacement. They were very apologetic and so friendly in their correspondences, oh not to mention really speedy!
Lucy is a beautiful and natural mid-pink. It's a very soft blush that blends easily, and can be built up to create your preferred look. It was smaller than I was expecting but I'd still pay the full price of £16 for this item. 

2. Rose Water Illuminating Serum


Wild About Beauty Rose Water Illuminating Serum

I was intrigued by this as I wasn't actually quite sure what it was?! It was in their 'best sellers' section on the website so thought I'd give it a whirl.
It's a radiant serum that reminds me of the Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator (it even smells veeeery similar!!). So at more than half the price it gets two massive thumbs up from me. It leaves a subtle glow to the skin and can be applied to a fresh face or added to foundation. It also contains anti-aging ingredients which I'm certainly not complaining about! I've used this every day since it arrived and I'm looooving it! 

3.  Nail Colours - Isla


wild about beauty nail colour review

Wild About Beauty Nail Colours Isla Swatch

I LOVE these nail polishes. The consistency is not like any other nail varnish I've ever used ...it's almost on the thin and watery side BUT magically covers really well and doesn't leave any streaks! 
Isla is a little darker than I was expecting; I'd describe it as a deep grey blue. I absolutely love the finish and I've definitely been converted from my usual pinks, reds and purples! I recon I could still stick some glitter polish on top to girly it up!

4. Nail Colours - Tanwen



Wild about beauty nail colour tanwen

I swear I only applied one coat and it was totally opaque! Depending on the light sometimes my nails look very glossy and at other times they look almost matte. Again, the colour isn't what I expected  and is more of an olive green. I was worried that it looked a little 90's khaki chic! But it's really grown on me. Another hit!

5. Nutrilash Mascara


Wild about beauty nutrilash mascara

So I'm pretty fussy when it comes to mascaras - I'm like the only person on the planet that doesn't like Benefits They're Real! Unsurprisingly I wasn't blown away by this mascara so I'm not sure I'd pay the full price of £18. It does contain beneficial ingredients that apparently strengthen lashes so maybe it'll grow on me over time?


Overall I'm very impressed with my purchases. I love to be pleasantly surprised by things I wouldn't usually go for, and hopefully the joy will continue and I'll receive my other blusher from them soon!
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment